Spring has sprung and Easter is on its way!
If you’re planning on creating Easter baskets for your son, daughter, niece, nephew or grandchild, it may seem like your only options are bunny-shaped sugary candies and chocolates.
While these special treats are delightful, we all know that too much sugar can be a bad thing – leading to tummy aches from over-indulgence or dental problems (ouch!). Not to mention the fact that those treats are tempting for sugar-conscious adults as well…
So, if not candy, what can be fun and sugar free?
Consider these fun options for a fantastic Easter basket:
- Small puzzles or games (these could be great for Spring Break road trips too)
- A stuffed bunny instead of a chocolate one
- Homemade coupons for their favorite dinner or the movie of their choice
- Coloring books or puzzle books
- A new book bag
- Small musical instruments like whistles or harmonicas
- A gift card to their favorite store
- A DVD of their favorite movie with a bag of microwave popcorn
- Mad Libs
- A fun new t-shirt or pajamas
- Removable tattoos
- Band Aids with their favorite cartoon characters
We’d love to hear your ideas as well, so leave us a comment and let us know what you would add to a sugar-free Easter basket!
Some of these cool ideas came from Parentingsquad.com. Check out their list here: http://parentingsquad.com/50-candy-free-ideas-for-easter-baskets